Great news! Since the last post, I've been taken off bed rest and was able to attend the E3 conference in Las Vegas with my work. I had a sonogram around 19 weeks along, which confirmed we had a little girl and she was growing on schedule, but the placenta was still pretty low and our little girl was not cooperating in letting the technician get all of the measurements she needed. So, the doctor wanted me to have another sonogram six weeks later to follow up, which was today. The sonogram today showed that the placenta has moved up, which is great news! Plus, the baby was measuring a few days ahead at 25 weeks. The tech estimated that the baby weighs a pound and thirteen ounces or so, just about a pound and three-quarters. She had both of her hands up by her face- we even got a quick glimpse of her sucking her thumb! So cute!!
She has been moving and kicking a lot now- you can even see her making my stomach move as she kicks and squirms around. It's so cool to see these weird movements going on in my tummy and to feel such strong kicks. Ryan likes to poke my stomach and watch her kick back- though I get annoyed with being poked from inside and outside :) I keep telling her to enjoy moving while there's still room. According to the baby books, weeks 24-28 are when there's still a lot of room for the baby to move around easily, so she has about three more weeks until she starts getting cramped.
After the past month of fears and worries, I have a lot to be thankful for. Praise God that the baby is healthy and everything is ok- and every time I feel her kick I'm reminded that God is in control.
No comments:
Post a Comment