One of my first reactions after I found out that we were pregnant was realizing that everything in my life changes. Everything I own, or will own, is now centered around this "person". A dining room set needs to be checked for its "high chair" friendliness. Furniture needs to be rearranged to ensure there is ample room for a pack-n-play (I had been calling them "cages"). The most shocking realization was that my favorite gaming device, the PlayStation 3, will be showing less military action thriller games and more flying elephants and/or talking monkeys.
Every time I look around our apartment, and every house we look at, the things that I bought for me transform into something to be used for the child. Before my eyes.
We've all seen this commercial, and it the first time I saw it I cracked up laughing. Now I tear up and sob uncontrollably (I keep telling Sara that hormones don't just affect the women).
No comments:
Post a Comment